Jen, at Cheaper Than Therapy recently wrote about a re-occurring nightmare about being unprepared for exams, in college. (No, she's not a student.) I commented that she is probably just worried about not being able to keep up with everything she's got on her plate. It got me thinking.... What if you had a blogging exam to take? Since you spend so much time reading blogs, that exam might have questions such as:
1. Which daddy blogger is working on parlaying his genius into a fiction book?
a) Literal Dan, "a lazy, procrastinating shell of a man who can only function within the framework of compulsive habits?"
d) The Busy Dad
2. True/False Sometimes, infertility is funny.
3. Which bloggers currently have Giveaways for Fruit Roll-ups, Tiny Prints Cards, a Hoover Vacuum Cleaner, or some very cool camera strap covers?
a) Two of a Kind, Working on a Full House
b) The Mom Jen
d) The Secret is in the Sauce
e) all of the above
4. Which blogger writes regularly about her annoying husband, who needs to get back to work full-time?
d) all of the above
e) none of the above
5. Essay-Write a post-length essay on how to monetize your blog and increase traffic, all while keeping up with the laundry, pleasing your husband/wife, taking care of your kids, dismantling your Christmas decor, and maintaining your self-respect.
6. Blogger Etiquette True/False: Anyone who does not reply to each and every comment on each and every post on his/her blog should be flogged (or forced to re-gift 65 blogging awards.)
7. Fill-in-the blank: Which blogger can regularly make you laugh until you almost pee your pants and spit coffee on your monitor? __________________
8. Which blogger has received the honor of being nominated for the 2009 weblog awards in the categories of Best Writing, Best-Kept-Secret, and Best New Blog? (See nominees in all categories here. Voting closes on the 13th!)
b) The Scholastic Scribe
c) none of the above
9. Which blogger(s) gives readers faith in the triumph of the human spirit over adversity and make you want to stand up and cheer for her every day?
a) Heather, of Singing with My Heart
b) Finding Normal
c) Broken Won
e) Amy, at Our Daily Blessings
f) The Weird Kid
g) all of the above, plus many more
10. Use "feed" "rss" and "reader" in a sentence that indicates your complete understanding of these blogging terms.
We spend tons of time reading and commenting; the laundry piles up, along with the dishes. It's like a job, only better. Thank God it's fun and we don't have to take exams. But if we did, how would you have done on this one??
P.S. Literal Dan is not lazy (that I know of). I just came across that quote (from him, on his own blog) and thought it would be hilarious to post here.