My bloggy friend, Mel, tagged me and gave me an award to pass on. She took the edge off, though, by offering up another one of her SHTs (look closely):Since she was willing to dislocate her thumb for me, I figured I'd play along. Thank you, Mel!!The honorees are to: a) first list 10 honest things about themselves (and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!) B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers who embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap, and whose blogs they find brilliant in design or content.
So here are my ten honest things:
1. I'm kind of bummed about this recent "heat wave." (44 degrees today!) It means I might have to start shaving my legs again soon.
2. As kids, my sister and I used to bite our toenails. Our own, or each others? I'll let you guess.
3. I had to drag my husband down the wedding aisle kicking and screaming. Ever since then, he's been a major advocate for marriage, but it took six years to get him there.
4. I am not really a dog person, unless the dog is quiet, polite, and lets himself outside in the middle of the night.
5. I wish I had a Wii Fit. On the other hand, I'm glad I don't have a Wii Fit, because then I'd have no excuse for not exercising.
6. I often go to bed without brushing my teeth. My dental hygienist raves about how great my teeth look, so that kind of reinforces my laziness. (Hey, I floss every day, so that has to count for something!)
7. Two years ago, I lost 25 pounds. Guess what? I've found it.
8. Right now, my kitchen looks like a bomb went off in it. It's 11:00pm, and I don't think the Dish Fairy is coming tonight.
9. I cheer a little (inside) when one of my students (any one) is absent. (It's not usually personal; I just appreciate the lighter load.)
10. I took the counter off of my Reader so that I don't know the grand total of how many blogs I haven't read lately. It makes me feel like I might really be able to catch up !
Okay, so there. Yours don't have to actually be confessions! (I guess I needed to purge.) And guess what else? I'm not going to tag you with this meme (do it only if you feel inspired), because as far as I know, there is no such thing as the Meme Police. But I do want to pass on the Honest Scrap award. Please feel free to take it, but here's another one to choose from as well (It's my favorite.)This award goes to each of you; friends IRL and in those in Bloggyland, because I just appreciate you so much and want to say thanks!
Have a great week.