As many of you know, I very rarely post about awards. My Award Policy keeps them at bay, mostly. Of course, there are those who dare to take me up on my offer and bravely post their "Stupid Human Trick" (SHT) for all the blogging world to see, just so that I will play along. Here's one of my favorites, from Zoesdad:
It's been months since I was given an award by someone willing to perform a SHT, so I was delighted to see Mary's offering in my e-mail box today. Isn't it brilliant?!
Along with the trick came The Gorgeous Blogger award. Of course, I had to accept. (Thank you for your excellent sportsmanship, Mary! :)
Coffee Lovin Mom, who is just this talented:
Amy! Here's the award she gave me...
The rules for both awards are that you accept and thank the person who gave it to you (check). Then, list ten things about you, followed by five things you do not like. (I'm double-dipping. Call the Award Police if you want.) Finally, the awards are to be passed on to ten bloggers. Here goes:
1. I love kids who aren't afraid to be different. (They're my favorites.)
2. I only need to hear a few notes of a song before it is stuck in my head and I begin singing it without provocation.
3. I love king crab legs.
4. I have never been on a cruise.
5. I hope to visit the Caribbean some day.
6. I almost drowned as a kid.
7. I do not enjoy water play.
8. I had a bunionectomy in 1990..
9. I can whistle with my mouth closed.
10. I have lost far more earrings than I currently own.
Things I don't like:
Dogs who wake me up in the middle of the night to pee/poop/whatever.
Parents who don't hold their kids accountable.
When middle schoolers don't brush their teeth.
Ten bloggers? Are you kidding me? Don't panic--I'm not going to do it to you. (You can breathe now, haha.) See, I like to be different, too, so I'm going to invite you to take the awards if they appeal to you, or don't.
I would like to offer you all my favorite, no-strings-attached award, which came to me a long time ago, from Huckdoll. (Thanks, again, Huck!) If you are reading this, you deserve the award. Thank you for taking time from your precious day to stop by.