Joyce, from This Side of the Pond, is kind enough to host this weekly meme,
which asks questions and allows bloggers to share what's on their minds.
1. My sister is celebrating a birthday today. Happy Birthday little sis! What's one way you're like your siblings? If you don't have siblings how are you like your lifelong best friend or cousin?
I resemble all of my siblings in that I am hard-working and devoted.
2. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of yourself at age eighteen?
I was the first one of my nine siblings not to move out immediately upon the clock ticking midnight of my 18th birthday. (I made it another eight months before leaving for college across the state.)
3. Sculptor-actor-painter-dancer...if you could excel in one of these arts, which would you choose and why?
I would like to excel as a painter, as I appreciate naturescapes. However, I'm not interested enough to work at it.
4. What's a scent that takes you back in time, and where does it take you?
The scent of canned roses (air freshener) takes me back to my grandma's bathroom, sadly; I never grew to appreciate the scent, as it was always associated with, well, bathroom smells.
5. November is for Peanut Butter Lovers (National Peanut Butter Lovers Month). Are you a lover or a hater? What's your favorite dish/recipe that calls for peanut butter?
I like natural peanut butter these days, on my toast in the morning. I am also a fan of peanut butter M&Ms.
6. What do people thank you personally for most often?
People often thank me for being thoughtful; I enjoy doing nice things for others. I especially enjoy the old fashioned custom of bringing a meal to someone new to the neighborhood or suffering a loss; people appreciate that so much, and it's an easy thing to do.
7. What event this year are you most thankful for?
This year, I'm most thankful that my kids are doing well in college and have kept in touch. That, and the fact that Mr.4444 and I have settled into empty nesthood without too much drama.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I can't tell you how happy I am that state testing ends today!!
Visit This Side of the Pond to link up and make some new friends! :)