A lovely lady named Joyce hosts this weekly meme
in which participants answer questions.
I have no idea how she comes up with so many,
but I'm glad she does; it's fun.
When is the last time you did a 180 on something? What comes to mind immediately is the fact that I have not been a "dog person" for my entire life. I only suddenly became one two years ago, when I got Milo and Steve. I surprised even myself in doing so.
2. It's Independence week in the US of A! What's your favorite thing about America right this very minute? Favorites only! Let's hear what you love about America!
What I very much appreciate about America is that, as a woman, I really have nothing to fear, relatively speaking. I know my life has been a cakewalk compared to women in some countries. I feel blessed to have been born in a country in which women are free to choose, to vote, and to succeed.
3. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Watermelon, homemade vanilla ice cream, or blueberry pie?
Stripes, Blue, and homemade vanilla ice cream. I've made homemade vanilla ice cream about four times in my life and loved it every time.
4. When did you last see stars, figuratively speaking?
I can't say that I've ever had my bell rung that well, thank goodness; no stars for me!
5. 'Clear as a bell', 'with bells on', 'lots of bells and whistles', 'saved by the bell'...which phrase 'rings' truest for you lately? Have you ever seen The Liberty Bell?
I've never seen the Liberty Bell, and I've decided to use a different "bells" idiom; I'm a rebel that way. Mr.4444 and I will be at the airport with bells on when it's time to leave for Cozumel!
6. Are you caught up in World Cup Fever? Have you watched a lot, a little or none at all?
The only part of the World Cup that I watched was the last 15 minutes of the U.S. and Belgium match. It is called a match, right? Or maybe a game. As you can see, I'm not a big soccer fan. I did enjoy the excitement of that ending, though!
7. Bid farewell to June in ten words or less.
We were just getting to know each other! Miss you...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We've decided on the name for our kitten, who will join our household in about two weeks. His name is Theodore (or Ted).
Thanks for stopping by! Visit From the Side of the Pond to learn more about Wednesday Hodgepodge!