Wednesday Hodgepodge is hosted by the lovely Jo-Anne,
who offers questions for participants to answer each week.
Here are this week's offerings:
1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting?
"Birthdays" comes to mind when I hear the word spring; mine, my sister's, Kendall's, Kyle's are all in the spring. Where I live, spring just slammed into us last weekend. It's going to be unseasonably warm (55 degrees, today) for the next week; I hope it gets cold again (sorry), because we tapped 30 maple trees last weekend!
2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?
Mr.4444's recliner could use a new spring. Of course I owned a Slinky! I owned several, because the traditional slinky seemed to always get tangled!
One of my favorite quotes from a woman is this one:
4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?
Am I ever going to get our tax documents together?
5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?
I have absolutely changed my relationship with sugar. The only sugar that I add to my diet is a teaspoon of raw sugar in an occasional cup of coffee. I use honey to sweeten my tea and toast and only rarely eat dessert.
6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?
I'd like to have less work to do. I do enjoy my career, but it's more than a plateful.
7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?
I visited Texas as a teenager visiting a friend. All I remember about it was a flasher who drove past us as we waited by a bus; that was obviously a remarkable experience! Today, were I to visit Texas, I'd make a beeline to Nezzy's family's house; I believe she still visits Texas now and then.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Although there's a little bit of Irish in me, I couldn't care less about St. Patrick's Day.
Looking for a fun weekly meme? Visit This Side of the Pond and join in the Hodgepodge fun!