There's a friendly blogger named Joyce who hosts a fun little Wednesday meme that allows bloggers to get to know each other a little better by sharing answers to questions that Joyce posts. Here's my contribution this week.
1. we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way? I think I will wear red, white, and blue.
2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone? Getting ready for work in the morning, I sometimes listen to the news on a boom box! We no longer have a VCR (and I find it humorous that my 6th graders no longer know what they are). When I receive paper phone books in the mail, they go straight to the recycling bin.
3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know? I feel fine talking about religion and politics with people I don't know. However, I avoid those subjects with family and close friends.
4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month? Anything with pumpkin appeals to me in the fall, but now that I'm eating healthier, it may be difficult to avoid Dairy Queen's Pumpkin Pie Blizzard! I once made a pumpkin stew inside a pumpkin in the oven; it was amazing, so I think I'll make that.
5. What's something you know nothing about? I know nothing about calculus. I admire my daughter for tackling it this semester.
6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece? While I don't have a favorite piece, I love cello music; it really moves me.
7. What's the oldest thing you own? I have some neat antiques: books on interesting topics such as marriage advice, historical Calumet, Michigan, etc.; a neat old radio cupboard that I refinished; a couple of 1950's or 60's dresses; a bedroom set from the 1920's from Mr.4444's grandma. Somewhere at my mom's, there's a cedar chest containing my grandfathers WWI uniform jacket (wool), which will go to one of my brothers some day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Ten more days in my sling!
To join in the Hodgepodge fun, visit Joyce at From This Side of the Pond.